I know why I don’t like cooking..it’s because I imagine it to be a task that takes too LONG when I am always hungry NOW. That’s how I thought about it when I was living at home back in Adelaide…if there was no food cooked by mum or takeaway…then I would just snack. I CBB cooking…it’s just so much hassle.
But now since I have moved out, I still suck at cooking…but I don’t think it’s too bad… yes I have to wait for a long time before I eat, but I appreciate what I eat (even though it usually tastes a bit strange). I am a bit of a YOLO person. Screw recipes, I will just try and fail. Then I will try again till I succeed..somehow ..xD
Here is a highlight of what I have learnt so far about cooking.
- You should probably watch the stove when you are cooking. Because…once you turn your eyes away the water boils over and makes lots of noise, smoke, and is a pain to clean.
- You need to invest in the right kind of knife for what you are cooking. It is important that they be sharp too, otherwise, you will be in struggle town.
- You need a lot of sized dishes and pans and stuff…otherwise you will forever be washing while cooking when you run out of crockery :(.
- The sieve is so important for draining stuff!!
- Don’t put oil in when the pan is still cold. LOL.
- Cook things separately to make sure they are well cooked before mixing together. LOL.
- Frying a egg is pretty difficult. :(. how do people flip it?! Maybe it was mistake trying to try fry two eggs at the same time and in a huge ass wok. Like I said different sized pot and pans come in handy here!
- It is necessary to clean the sink, cooking stovetop, and floor after every cook…Otherwise, that shit just go everywhere (or maybe I am just a messy cook).
- It is better to put less of a seasoning than put too much…you can always add more taste, but it’s hard to take it away. :(.
- It is okay to test your food!!! And important to do so…so you know if that pasta is undercooked or cooked…or if your sauce is not okay…you can change it while cooking.
I am sure there is gonna be a heap more of stuff I will learn as I continue to cook during my time in Melbourne Lock down!
I am proud that I haven’t yet ordered any take out as of yet…
P.S these are pics of the food i have cooked so far..xD
It looks better than it tastes xD